Classic Baked Mostaccioli

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Mixes~MYO~Copycat~Etc Classic Baked Mostaccioli

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

My dexh has transitioned to wi, but he took his time at it traveling around. he stopped in at alexander the great in mi expecting the typical greek menu…far from it… after perusing the menu and being disappointed, he settled on the ‘baked mostaccioli’ remembering how much he enjoyed it years ago when i would prepare it.

he reported in that is was a close second to my recipe (hope his memory was good!

lol!) so i thought that i’d offer it up here as a copycat recipe;-d
      classic baked mostaccioli
      8 oz uncooked mostaccioli
      1 1/2 lb ground beef
      1/2 cup chopped onion
      1 minced garlic clove
      28-oz can diced tomatoes
      8-oz cab tomato sauce
      6-oz can tomato paste
      4-oz cab sliced mushrooms
      1/2 cup water
      1 tsp salt
      1 tsp sugar
      1 tsp dried basil
      1/8 tsp pepper
      2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
      1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
      Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cook mostaccioli according to directions, drain and set aside. In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic, cook for 1 minute, and drain.

Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce and paste, mushrooms, water, salt, sugar, basil, and pepper, then bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
      Stir in mostaccioli. Spoon half into a 13×9 baking dish.

Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; layer with remaining meat mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
      Cover and bake 30-35 minutes, and let stand 5 minutes before serving. 10-12 servings
      smiley-eatdrink013 smilie

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Mixes~MYO~Copycat~Etc Classic Baked Mostaccioli