8 medium apples
8 wooden skewers
2 cups sugar
1 cup water
2/3 cups corn syrup
1/2 tsp red food coloring
6 drops oil of cinnamon
1. Wash and dry apples. Remove stems.
2. Place 1 skewer in each apple.
3. Combine sugar, corn syrup, water and coloring in saucepan; cook, stirring until mix comes to a boil.
4. Cook over medium heat to hard-crack stage. Add oil of cinnamon; remove from heat.
5. Dip each apple into syrup; letting excess syrup drip back into saucepan. Place apples on a cookie sheet, covered with foil sprayed with non stick spray, to cool.
Can make cinnamon lollipops with remaining syrup.