- This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated July 11, 2009 at 7:12 pm by .
- July 10, 2009 at 4:41 pm #274508
3/4 cup shortening
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1 3/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 tsp Vanilla
3/4 cup coconut
Any flavor of jam or jelly
Cream shortening and sugar together. Add egg and mix well. Add dry ingredients, then mix in vanilla. Drop by teaspoonful onto un-greased cookie sheet. With your finger, or a spoon, make a dent in the center of the cookie ball, and fill with jam. Sprinkle with coconut and bake at 375º for 10-12 min.
- July 11, 2009 at 2:42 pm #423463
Oh these sound good! forget Christmas I’ll make them August surprises!
- July 11, 2009 at 4:41 pm #423464
LOL! but it’s only July!! hope you like ’em… DD used to love making these cause she got to ‘poke’ ’em! LOL!
- July 11, 2009 at 7:12 pm #423466
These do sound good. I hate reading the recipes when I’m hungry LOL
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.