- This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated August 14, 2008 at 1:57 pm by .
- August 3, 2008 at 4:21 pm #248161
2 packages frozen whole strawberries – (20 oz ea)
(or 2 1/2 qt fresh strawberries)
1 pound fresh or frozen cranberries
5 pounds sugar
2 pouches liquid pectin
Grind fruit in a food processor or a grinder and place in a large
kettle. Add sugar. Bring to a full rolling boil; boil for 1 minute.
Stir in pectin; return to a full rolling boil.
Boil for 1 minute,
stirring constantly. Remove from heat, let cool for 5 minutes (skim off foam). Pour into hot jars leaving 1/4 in head space.
Adjust caps. Process for 15 minutes in a boiling water bath. This recipe yields 14 half-pints.
- August 7, 2008 at 7:42 pm #397624
This is so delicious and super easy to make. Make sure that you boil it the full minute though, or you’ll be using it for Ice Cream topping, lol
- August 7, 2008 at 7:47 pm #397626
Have you tried this recipe with a sugar substitute? Does it still work and taste good? Thanks
- August 14, 2008 at 9:01 am #397708
I personally have never tried to use a sugar substitute, but my sister ONLY uses sugar substitutes and she said that she never has a problem. she cans, bakes, cooks, etc. I asked her once if she’s ever had to adjust a recipe and she said no.
- August 14, 2008 at 1:57 pm #397716
Thank you so very much, I will have to try this!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.