- This topic is empty.
- October 7, 2020 at 8:18 am #592550
Chocolate Zucchini Cake
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp almond extract
1 cup sour cream
1 cake mix — chocolate fudge, with pudding in the mix
Optional: 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 zucchini, shredded, about 1 1/2 cups shredded
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
For the Chocolate Glaze:
2 oz unsweetened chocolate
2 tbs butter
1 cup powdered sugar
3 to 4 tbs boiling water
Optional: 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 325° for a dark-colored pan or to 350° for a light-colored pan. Grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt cake pan or 10-inch one-piece tube cake pan.
- In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat the 1/2 cup of softened butter until light and creamy.
- Add the eggs, vanilla extract, and the almond extract. Blend well.
- Add the sour cream and cinnamon, if using. Blend well. With the mixer on low speed, beat in the cake mix. Continue beating until the batter is smooth and well blended.
- Fold in the shredded zucchini, chocolate chips, and chopped pecans.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 40 to 50 min, or until a toothpick or cake tester comes out clean when inserted in the center of the cake.
- Cool the cake on a rack for 10 to 15 min.
Invert the cake onto a serving plate to cool completely. Drizzle the cake with the chocolate glaze or dust it with sifted powdered sugar.
Make the Chocolate Glaze:
Put the unsweetened chocolate and 2 tbs of butter in a saucepan and place it over low heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until the chocolate and butter have melted.
Sift the powdered sugar and add it to the chocolate mixture along with 2 tbs of boiling water. While stirring constantly, continue adding boiling water in very small amounts until the glaze is thin enough to drizzle over the cake. Add about 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract, if desired.
Drizzle the warm glaze over a cooled or slightly warm cake. Serves 16
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.