- February 24, 2009 at 1:50 am #270959
1⁄3 cup dark crème de cacao liqueur or dark rum
1⁄3 cup brewed black coffee or water
2 tubs (22 oz each) refrigerated chocolate pudding
1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
2 cups heavy (whipping) cream, well chilled
3 Tbsp confectioners’ sugar
1 chocolate-marble loaf cake or pound cake (14 oz), cut in 16 thin slices, slices cut in half
1 bar (3.5 oz) bittersweet chocolate, shaved into shards with a vegetable peeler
3 baskets (1⁄2 pt each) red raspberries (reserve 8 berries for garnish)
1. Have ready a 3-qt trifle bowl or clear glass serving bowl (about 8-in. diam), preferably straight-sided.
2. Mix liqueur and coffee in a clear 1-cup measure. Combine pudding and sour cream in a medium bowl.
In a large bowl, beat cream and confectioners’ sugar with mixer on high speed until stiff, billowy peaks form when beaters are lifted.
3. Arrange half the cake slices in bottom of trifle bowl; drizzle with 1⁄2 the liqueur mixture. Spread with 1⁄2 the pudding mixture; sprinkle with 1⁄3 the chocolate shavings.
Top with 1⁄2 the raspberries, then 1⁄2 the whipped cream. Repeat layers (reserve remaining shavings for garnish). Cover bowl with plastic wrap.
Refrigerate at least 8 hours or up to 1 day.
4. To serve: Sprinkle with remaining chocolate shavings; garnish with reserved berries.
Planning Tip: Can be prepared through Step 3 up to 1 day ahead. Refrigerate covered.
- February 24, 2009 at 1:51 am #415822
all the recipes you post sound soooo good
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.