- March 29, 2007 at 12:32 am #239740
Chocolate-Mint Mousse Soap
2 oz. White Chocolate
16 oz. Olive Oil
1 oz. Dark Chocolate
15 oz. Tepid Water
18 oz. Coconut Oil
4 oz.Palm Oil
2 oz. Cocoa Butter
(This recipe is from Country Living – Handmade Soap Book….it makes a
40 oz. batch, which is 2.8 lbs. I would adjust the eo amount to suit
your particular quality eo)
1) Prepare the mold/s.
2) Melt the white chocolate with 1oz. of the olive oil.
3) Blend in the cocoa, set aside in a warm place.
4) Melt dark chocolate with 1 oz. olive oil. Set aside in warm place.
5) Blend water and lye. Set aside to cool to 110*F.
6) Melt coconut, palm, and cocoa butter.
7) Blend in remaining (14oz) olive oil. Cool to 110*F.
8) Slowly blend the lye solution into the oils.
9) Stir to trace. Add EO and stir well. Pour 1/3 into mold.
10) Add the white chocolate to soap and blend lightly. May get marbled
11) Pour half of soap into the mold.
12) Add the dark chocolate to the rest of the soap, blending
13) Pour into mold. Let it rest 24-36 hours before releasing from mold.
14) Cure 4-6 weeks.
- July 22, 2013 at 12:39 am #440588
I’ve been thinking about making these for christmas gifts this year, but I’m not sure what else to include in the gift basket.. any ideas?
- August 5, 2013 at 5:44 am #440935
I would add a handmade ornament or another crafty item (lots of them here to choose from) and maybe some home made cookies or candies.
- August 7, 2013 at 12:39 am #441321
If your making soap, I would keep with the Bathroom theme and make a potpourri gift basket and some other bath items.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.