- February 19, 2009 at 1:31 am #270771
Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles
Prep: 25 min. + chilling
* 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
* 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
* 4 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each)
* 6 tablespoons butter
* 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
* 24 whole hazelnuts
* 1 cup ground hazelnuts, toasted
In a large bowl, sift together confectioners’ sugar and cocoa; set aside. In a saucepan, melt candy bars and butter. Add the cream and reserved cocoa mixture.
Cook and stir over medium-low heat until mixture is thickened and smooth. Pour into an 8-in. square dish.
Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Using a melon baller or spoon, shape candy into 1-in. balls; press a hazelnut into each. Reshape balls and roll in ground hazelnuts.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
- February 19, 2009 at 9:05 am #415381
These sound so good! Thanks
- February 19, 2009 at 12:18 pm #415432KawaiiGiggleParticipant
ohh man.. these would be amazing to have at a little party.. too bad i don’t know many people..
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.