- February 24, 2009 at 2:58 am #270977
10 lollipop sticks
10 double-stuff Oreo cookies
11/2 cups (9 oz) semisweet chocolate chips
11/2 Tbsp solid vegetable shortening
Decoration: green sprinkles (jimmies), candy-covered chocolate drops (ice cream topping)
1. Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Insert a lollipop stick into cream filling of each cookie.
2. Melt chocolate and shortening in a small bowl in microwave; stir until smooth.
3. Dip 1 cookie pop into melted chocolate, letting top of cookie rest on bottom of bowl for support. Spoon melted chocolate over cookie to coat. Transfer to lined baking sheet, using a fork to support pop from underneath if needed.
4. Sprinkle around edge with sprinkles, making a “wreath.” Add chocolate drops. Let stand until set. Repeat with remaining cookie pops, remelting chocolate as needed. Wrap in food-safe cellophane or plastic wrap; tie with bow for gift-giving.
Store: Refrigerator 2 weeks
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.