- December 31, 2008 at 6:18 pm #268435
Chocolate Dipped Fruit
1 cup hershey’s special dark chocolate chips or hershey’s semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tablespoon shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil)
Assorted fresh fruit, washed and chilled
1. Melt chocolate chips and shortening in heavy saucepan over very low heat; stir until smooth.
2. Allow mixture to cool slightly. Dip fruit or fruit slices about 2/3 of the way into chocolate mixture.
Shake gently to remove excess chocolate.
3. Place on wax-paper-covered tray. Refrigerate, uncovered, until chocolate is firm, about 30 minutes.
About 1/2 cup coating.
microwave instructions: place chocolate chips and shortening in small microwave-safe bowl. microwave at medium (50%) 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or just until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred. Allow to cool slightly.
Dip and serve fruit as directed above.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.