Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Left Over Layering Chocolate Cranberry Mousse Pie

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Do you still have some leftover cranberry sauce lurking in the back of the fridge? The stuff has an eternal life…it doesn’t go bad…it just multiplies! LOL! Well, here’s something yummy that you can do with it!
      Chocolate Cranberry Mousse Pie1
      9″ pie crust, baked and cooled1 cup white chocolate chips
      2 cups heavy whipping cream
      1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
      1 tsp grated orange peel
      1 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
      Melt white chocolate chips with 1/2 cup whipping cream over very low heat, or in the microwave, about 2 minutes on medium power. Stir until smooth. Refrigerate about 1 hour or until cool.Melt semisweet chocolate chips with 2 tbs of the cream over very low heat, or in the microwave, about 2 min on medium power. Stir until smooth. Spread over bottom of baked, cooled pie shell. Chill for 20 minutes until chocolate is set.
      Beat the rest of the cream (1-1/4 cups plus 2 tbs) until stiff. Beat cooled white chocolate-cream mixture and fold into stiffly beaten cream along with orange peel.

Layer the whipped cream mixture with the cranberry sauce over the chocolate layer in the pie shell. Pull knife gently through layers to marble. Cover well and refrigerate 6-8 hours until firm. Serves 8
      Note: I HATE cranberry sauce in any shape or form! I like dried cranberries in oatmeal or in smoothies. But around the holidays, I will have extra whole cranberry sauce on hand just so that I have enough leftover to make this pie…it is scrumptious! If my leftovers are more than a cup, I put it out on the deck rail for the birds to peck at…my cardinals and bluejays love me;-D
      weighlift smilie

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Left Over Layering Chocolate Cranberry Mousse Pie