- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated December 4, 2016 at 1:47 am by .
- December 4, 2016 at 1:47 am #374991mos
Everyone loves chocolate chip cookies! Here’s a basic recipe that you can prepare and personalize for those special people on your list for their favorite. This makes a great gift and be sure to include the recipe so that they can make their own special cookies!
Chocolate Chip Cookies with Options
1 cup butter, room temperature
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/4 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 to 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 to 1 cup chopped nuts, optional
Heat the oven to 350°.
In large mixing bowl cream butter and sugars until light. Beat in the eggs and vanilla until well blended.
Sift together the flour, salt baking powder, and baking soda. Stir into the first mixture, blending well. Fold in chocolate chips. If desired, fold in chopped nuts.
Use a cookie scoop or gently shape into balls about 1 1/2 inches in diameter and place 2 in apart on an ungreased or parchment paper-lined cookie sheet.
Bake in a preheated 350° oven for 8 to 10 min, or until edges are light brown.
Makes about 4 to 5 dozen cookies.
- Instead of all semisweet chocolate chips, use all or half butterscotch chips, peanut butter chips, or white chocolate chips.
- For mint chocolate chip cookies, use chocolate mint chips in place of the semisweet chips, and replace the vanilla extract with 1/2 tsp of mint extract.
- For white chocolate macadamia nut cookies, add 2 cups white chocolate chips and 1 cup of chopped macadamia nuts.
- Add about 1/2 cup of toffee or Heath Bar chips for extra buttery flavor and candy crunch.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.