- August 12, 2006 at 7:17 pm #237182LissKeymaster
Choco-Cherry Cheesecake Bars
Makes: 48 bars Nutrition Information
Simple chocolate-topped bars have a creamy filling and tender cookie crust.
1 roll (18 oz) Pillsbury? refrigerated sugar cookies
1 egg, separated
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
3 drops red food color
1 jar (10 oz) maraschino cherries, finely chopped, drained on paper towels
1 bag (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
1/2 cup margarine or butter
1/2 cup whipping (heavy) cream
1. Heat oven to 350?F. Break up cookie dough into ungreased 15×10-inch pan
With floured fingers, press dough evenly in bottom of pan to
2. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown. Meanwhile, in small
bowl, beat 1 egg white until frothy.
Remove partially baked crust from oven. Brush egg white over crust.
Return to oven; bake 3 minutes longer or until egg white is set.
4. Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
Add egg yolk,
2 eggs, the condensed milk, almond extract and food color; beat until well
blended. Stir in chopped cherries.
5. Remove partially baked crust from oven.
Pour cherry mixture evenly over
crust. Return to oven; bake 16 to 20 minutes longer or until set. Cool
completely, about 45 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, heat chocolate chips and margarine over
low heat, stirring frequently, until melted and smooth.
Remove from heat.
Cool 20 minutes.
7. Stir whipping cream into chocolate mixture until well blended. Spread
over cooled bars.
Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until chocolate is set.
For bars, cut into 8 rows by 6 rows. Store in refrigerator.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.