Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

This might sound stupid, but if a recipe (choc. covered pretzels & Bark) call for Choc Chips, could I use hershey kisses in place of the choc chips (think coupons I have). Choc is choc, right???????

They should setup the same???????

I have used the kisses when a recipe called for milk chocolate, but the regular chocolate chips are semi-sweet, so it might affect the taste. Also the kisses are a bit softer than the chips.

I would think that since the chocolate would be melted, using either one, it would set up the same. Let us know how it works out. Thanks; Virginia

I would think it would be about the same since it’s gonna be melted. If not, there could possibly be an issue.

FreebieQueen

@jkpjohnson 260968 wrote:

This might sound stupid, but if a recipe (choc. covered pretzels & Bark) call for Choc Chips, could I use hershey kisses in place of the choc chips (think coupons I have). Choc is choc, right??????? They should setup the same???????

You can, but if you want a more Semi-sweet flavor, melt in 2 oz of unsweetened bakers chocolate to balance the sicky sweetness of the kisses. You’ll have to melt them over very low heat as the chocolate will bloom faster.

Thanks for your replies, I will give it a shot.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.