- December 30, 2008 at 11:38 pm #268363
1 can (16 oz) or four 4-oz cans whole mild green chiles, rinsed and drained
4 oz each Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses, shredded (1 cup each)
2 Tbsp flour
1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk (not sweetened condensed)
6 large eggs
1/2 tsp each ground cumin, garlic powder and seasoned salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit. Lightly grease a shallow 2-qt. baking dish.
2. Halve chiles lengthwise; pat dry between paper towels. Cover bottom of prepared baking dish with half the chiles; sprinkle with half the cheeses. Repeat with remaining chiles and cheeses.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk flour into about 1/4 cup evaporated milk until well blended, then whisk in remaining milk, the eggs, cumin, garlic powder, seasoned salt and pepper until smooth. Pour over chiles and cheese.
4. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean and edges just begin to brown.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.