- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated August 10, 2009 at 12:36 am by .
- August 10, 2009 at 12:36 am #275063
Prep Time: 25 min
Total Time: 25 min
Makes: 5 servings (1 1/2 cups each)
2 1/2 cups uncooked bow-tie (farfalle) pasta (5 oz)
3/4 lb mild Italian sausage links, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes and mild green chiles, undrained
1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
1 can (15 to 16 oz) pinto beans, drained, rinsed
Chopped fresh cilantro or parsley, if desired
1. Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
2. Meanwhile, in 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink.
Stir in tomatoes and tomato sauce. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in beans and pasta. Cook uncovered 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with cilantro.
Sprinkle the top of the dish with about 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend.
You can use a 14.5-ounce can of plain diced tomatoes and a 4.5-ounce can of Old El Paso® chopped green chiles instead of the tomatoes and green chiles.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.