Children of the 21st century

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Children of the 21st century

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

If your mother is really your best friend, she would support you and not undermine your authority with your children. I wish you luck, because since it has been going on this long, it is going to take some severe measures for you to get control. I have one grandchild and I love him more than anything, but I realize that he doesn’t need all the toys and clothes and gadgets in the world. He will be better off without so much. I defer to my daughter (his mother) and follow her wishes – SHE is his PARENT and has to live with him and is responsible for his upbringing. NOT ME. I raised mine and now it is my time to back off on some things and remember my place. My daughter is a terrific mom. She is very level headed and tries not to over indulge. Still, I think my grandchild has more than he needs. But my daughter will not allow him to have stuff because the other kids have it.
      She feels that simple is better and less is more in many ways. I had the best mother in the world. She was a wonderful example to me. She adored her grandchildren and was always there, but never interfered. I miss her so much! She died before my grandchild was born, and I know how much she would have loved him. I just hope I can be half the grandma she was! Good luck and God bless. I can understand how your mother feels. I know I would like to give my grandchild the world and everything in it, but I don’t have the means, and if I did, it would not serve him well at all.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Children of the 21st century