- March 10, 2012 at 6:24 pm #304207
Chicken with Cheese Sauce
1 tsp butter
1 tsp evoo
s and p-to taste
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 tbsp fresh minced parsley
1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1/2 small onion-thinly sliced
1 clove garlic-minced
Approx 1/2 cup chicken broth/stock
Approx 1/4 cup half and half
1 (8 oz) block cheese-favorite type
1. Sprinkle chicken with s and p on both sides.
2. Heat butter and oil in a heavy bottomed skillet.
3. Add chicken and brown on both sides-about 5 minutes per side.
4. Remove chicken from pan, transfer to a plate.
5. Deglaze pan with chicken stock/broth.
6. Reduce heat and add half and half.
7. Cut cheese into small blocks or slices. Add to pan; stir gently until melted and mixed well.
8. Return pan to simmer; add chicken and gently simmer for about 30 minutes.
9. Garnish with parsley before serving.
Serve over lemon pepper fettucini.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.