- April 29, 2009 at 9:32 am #272942
* 1 tbs olive oil
* 30g butter
* 500g chicken breast fillet, cut into 2cm chunks
* 1 leek, white part only, finely sliced
* 1 garlic clove, crushed
* 1 tbs flour
* 1/3 cup (80ml) white wine or water
* 1 cup (250ml) chicken stock
* 1/2 cup (125ml) thick cream
* 1 large carrot, peeled, cooked, diced
* 1 large potato, peeled, boiled, diced
* 1 cup frozen peas, cooked
* 1 tbs chopped fresh or 1/2 tsp dried tarragon
* 4 sheets puff pastry, thawed
* 1 egg, lightly beaten
1. Heat the olive oil and butter in a frypan over medium heat, add the pieces of chicken and cook until lightly browned and almost cooked through. Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside.
Add the leek and garlic to the pan and cook over low heat for 2-3 minutes or until softened. Add the flour and cook for 1 minute. Add wine and bring to the boil for 1 minute, then pour in stock and cream and cook, stirring, for a further 5 minutes over medium-low heat.
Return chicken to pan with cooked vegetables and tarragon, season well, then set aside to cool.
3. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
4. Cut four 18cm squares from the pastry, reserving off cuts.
Place some chicken mixture in the centre of each square, then lift up the sides of the pastry to form a parcel, pinching edges together to seal. Cut out leaf shapes from the pastry offcuts and place over the joins. Make a small pastry rose for the centre of each parcel.
Place parcels on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Brush with beaten egg and bake for 25 minutes or until golden.
Image removed – Please note that linking directly to images from any site without their permission is called hotlinking and & is considered Bandwidth Theft.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.