- This topic has 1 reply, 3 voices, and was last updated April 8, 2009 at 7:21 pm by .
- April 7, 2009 at 7:25 pm #272272Katie31
It’s a cold snowy day in Ohio and that makes me crave soup. So I decided to share a couple of my favorite soup recipes.
Chicken Tortilla Soup1/4 c. butter
1/4 c. all purpose flour
3 c. chicken broth
8 oz velveeta -cubes
10 oz can ro-tel tomatoes and chilies
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
salt and pepper to taste
flour tortillas (4-6)
shredded colby jack cheese
In a pot, melt butter over med heat. Stir in flour and cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes.
Slowly whisk in small amounts of chicken broth then whisk in milkReduce heat to low and stir in Velveeta, stir until melted. Stir in Ro-tel, chicken and spices.
Once soup is heated through it is ready to serve. However, if you wish to make tortilla strips it can sit over low heat while they are made.
Cut tortillas into strips and deep fry in vegetable oil at 350 until golden then drain on cooling racks.Note* Can use crumbled tortilla chips or bake the strips. Also I substitute 1 1/2 cups of salsa for ro-tel.
- April 8, 2009 at 1:30 pm #419167jaime
Katie, this sounds wonderful. I could have used a bowl yesterday 🙂
- April 8, 2009 at 7:21 pm #419180tsgalOh my this does sound very good. I’ll have to try this one.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.