- September 1, 2012 at 11:34 pm #309084
1 (9-10oz) can 98% fat-free chunk white chicken breast in
water, drained and flaked or cooked equivalent
1/2 cup salsa plus extra for dipping
1/3 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1/4 tsp dry taco seasoning mix
8 (6 in) yellow corn tortillas
sour cream for dipping
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
1. In a medium bowl, combine the chicken and salsa; mix thoroughly. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
Remove chicken mix from the refrigerator, drain any excess liquid. Add cheese and taco seasoning; mix to combine. Set aside.
(This is the filling.)
3. Dampen 2 paper towels, and place tortillas between them.
Microwave for up to 1 minute, until tortillas are warm.
4. Place one tortilla flat on a clean dry surface (keep the rest between the paper towels), and spoon about 2 tbsp filling onto the tortilla.
Spread it evenly across the entire surface, and roll the tortilla up tightly.
5. Secure with toothpicks, if needed, and place seam-side down on a prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
6.Bake in the oven 14 to 16 minutes.
Allow to cool for 5 minutes. Serve with sour cream, additional salsa, and refried beans.
- September 2, 2012 at 2:24 am #432708
Girl this sounds good too..Now your making me hungry lol…Love your recipes..gonna have to save and start Printing..Yummy
- September 3, 2012 at 12:31 am #432719
I make these too, except they get fried. I know fried is a bad word but it’s ok every once in a while.
- September 3, 2012 at 1:08 am #432723
hpnodat, I’m from the South, so fried is like a food category here. Although I’m trying really hard to get away from so much of it.
Honestly, I didn’t miss it with these. I sprayed the actual individual taquitos with cooking spray and baked…crisp and crunchy just like they were fried.
- September 3, 2012 at 6:43 pm #432743
I have some corn tortilla I need to use up. These would make a yummy alternative to tacos. I think I might use a cooked and shredded chicken breast in the place of canned chicken.
Your recipes are great. Thank you for sharing.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.