Viewing 31 reply threads
  • Author

Chicken Stuffing Casserole

4 to 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
      1 small box Stove Top Stuffing for chicken
      1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
      1 can broccoli with cheese soup
      1/2 cup chicken broth

Lightly butter a 3 1/2-quart crock pot and place chicken on the bottom.

Mix together the remaining ingredients, and place on top of chicken. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 7 hours.

That sounds good! I think I just found a dinner to feed my family tomorrow.

that sounds really good! I have the ingredients and will be making this!

Sounds quick and easy…gonna have to try this one.

Thank you for this recipe it sounds great and it cooks for me while I do other things instead of having to stand at the stove! Fabulous!

That sounds great and yummy. Will have to try it this summer so the house won’t get all hot.

This sounds good! Never tried with broc/cheese I usually use cream of chicken. Going to try this soon!

Yours sounds yummy!

I like the looks of this one. Thanks

Participant

@rtebalt 126011 wrote:

Chicken Stuffing Casserole

4 to 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts

They must sell much smaller chicken breasts in other areas- we use 2 boneless skinless breasts for 4 people and Always have enough for leftovers the next day. We like this recipe, but I usually toss in a couple handfuls of fresh cranberries & 1/2 a finely chopped (peeled) apple in the stuffing mix, and we use the copycat stovetop mix from here on the site.

When boneless, skinless chicken breast are rather large, I usually slice them in half horizontally or half out the thickness of the chicken by slicing it in half flat wise. ((Sorry, I don’t remember the name of the cut))
      You can also slice it in half, cover with wax paper, then gently pound it out a little. It’ll be large, but thinner, like cutlets.

I’m always looking for new ways to cook chicken. This one has all my dh’s favorites. Thank you!

This sounds yummy… when i don’t wanna have big chicken breasts, I look for chicken tenders, or just cut the breasts in half… Definitely saving and trying this soon.

@BellyJean 243185 wrote:

They must sell much smaller chicken breasts in other areas- we use 2 boneless skinless breasts for 4 people and Always have enough for leftovers the next day. We like this recipe, but I usually toss in a couple handfuls of fresh cranberries & 1/2 a finely chopped (peeled) apple in the stuffing mix, and we use the copycat stovetop mix from here on the site.

I like the idea of adding the apple & cranberries to the stuffing. I’m going to make this recipe with those additions after my next grocery shopping trip.

I made this for a Teachers Appreciation PTA event last week. It went over really well! I slightly shredded the chicken just a little right before it was served.

I’m making it for my family tonight with mashed potatoes and green beans…maybe a little gravy, too.

Is this a one-dish dinner?

I’ve made a similar recipe in the past and it is great – quick, easy, with ingredients I usually have on hand. This appears to have some things I haven’t put in mine. Unfortunately there is an ad that is covering almost the entire ingredient list that I can’t get rid of.

Help!

awesome recipe. my family loves it.

similar to one I already use but will be a great change. I am needing to cut grocery budget to $200.00 a month, need to pay off a few things. I love recipes that have few ingredients and can go into the crockpot or oven.

I know I can make the cut. It just takes more planning. I was allowing $300.00.

I am really up for the challenge. I think if we looked at things more as a challenge than a burden we can accomplish more and have a little fun doing it. One of my favorite things to use for recipes is my kindle.

I can get whole cook books for a little as $0.99. You can get kindle on your computer too. They have a free app.

for that and it is easy to download.

I am all about crockpot meals. This is one I am going to have to try. Sounds delish!

Participant

Looks like another nummy recipe from my buddy;-D

I feed my family every Sunday after church, Thank you.

That sounds tasty.. I know what I’m having for dinner 🙂 Thanks for sharing

Great Sunday dinner recipe. Quick and easy, just how I like it. THANKS!!!

This is very good and my husband likes it. I used chicken thighs instead of breasts. Thank you!

I like the sound of this. My grandson is now living on his own and wants easy Cheap meals. Maybe he can handle this one.

I hate to stop what I’m doing to fix a meal so this will help me eat better and healthier. Just as easy to have this made and ready to eat than to heat up some sort of microwave junk food!

I have served this to my family several times, Great recipe

I’ve made this on top of stove for years except I use thighs instead of breast and make cheese sauce instead of using soup (to avoid additives in commercial soups). Put chicken in with broth and simmer 20 minutes (30 if frozen). Put in broccoli (I use more than this recipe calls for – more like 16 ozs) and simmer 10 minutes.

*If you are making your own cheese sauce: While the chicken is cooking, put about a cup of milk, 2 T flour and 1 T butter in a sauce pan.

Simmer while stirring until it is a medium white sauce. Add 1/4 cup of grated cheese (I use cheddar or Colby – Velveeta also works if you want smoother sauce). If you are accustomed to commercially prepared items you may need to add 1/2 t salt or broth powder for your tastes.*

Add cheese soup or sauce and stuffing (and dried cranberries & raw diced apple for a real treat). Then stir in the stuffing and cook for about 8-10 minutes. It is a one-dish meal.

Participant

rtebalt, another good lookin’ recipe! I have plans to make some cornbread in the near future, maybe I’ll try it using leftover cornbread, crumbled up of course, with stuffing-type seasonings instead of Stove-Top. What do ya think?

Thank you for posting. This sounds good.

Thanks for the tips. I will try them.

Participant

FYI to all — using leftover cornbread worked great!

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Dump Recipes Chicken Stuffing Casserole