- April 6, 2009 at 8:31 pm #272214
1/3 c. butter
2 med. onions, chopped
1 chicken or capon, cut in pieces
1 c. hot water
1 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. flour
1 tsp. paprika (optional)
dairy sour cream or white wine
1. Melt butter in a large skillet. Add onion, mushrooms and chicken pieces.
Stir-fry until golden.
2. Add water, salt and pepper.
3. Cover; cook over medium heat about 35 minutes, or until chicken is tender.
Blend flour, paprika (if desired) and sour cream. Stir into liquid in skillet. Bring just to boiling.
Simmer 3 minutes. About 6 servings.
**Another option that you can do too, is to use chicken breast that has been butterflied. Stuff it with any kind of stuffing mix (already made). Bake or put into crookpot with the sauce.
This way is also very good too.
- April 7, 2009 at 5:30 am #419084
This sounds so good. Something different and easy to do with chicken.
- April 7, 2009 at 1:21 pm #419094
Yum, This sounds so good. I am always looking for new recipes. Thanks
- April 7, 2009 at 1:44 pm #419099
Tonia, what a nice recipe! I will have to try this one. It is weird, I was just telling dh I needed to cook up some of the chicken in the freezer.
- April 7, 2009 at 3:40 pm #419108
Sounds like a great meal! Thanks!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.