- December 30, 2008 at 11:29 pm #268359
2 tsp olive oil
12 oz assorted mushrooms (including some shiitake caps or crimini adds a woodsy flavor) or white mushrooms, sliced
1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup with herbs
11/2 cups milk
1 cup uncooked converted white rice
1 cup nonfat sour cream
1 medium onion, shredded
4 chicken legs (about 13/4 lb), skin removed, visible fat cut off
1 cup shredded Gruyère or Swiss cheese
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Coat a 13 x 9-in. baking dish with nonstick spray.
2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and sauté 4 to 5 minutes until limp and just beginning to brown.
3. Whisk soup, milk, rice, sour cream and onion in a large bowl to blend. Stir in mushrooms; pour into prepared baking dish. Place chicken on top, spoon on some soup mixture and cover tightly with foil.
4. Bake 11/4 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted
in thickest part of leg, not touching bone, registers at least 160°F, juices run clear when meat is pierced, and the rice is nice and tender.
5. Sprinkle with cheese and bake, uncovered, 5 minutes or until cheese bubbles and just begins to brown.
Good with carrots and peas.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.