- January 13, 2009 at 12:02 am #269340
6 cups chicken broth
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs, visible fat trimmed
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup onion
1 cup baby carrots, halved crosswise
1 large parsnip, peeled and chopped
1 tsp minced garlic
1 bay leaf
1⁄4 tsp pepper
2 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
1⁄4 cup snipped fresh dill
1. Put broth, chicken, celery, onion, carrots, parsnip, garlic, bay leaf and pepper in a large saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked and vegetables are tender.
2. Discard bay leaf. Remove chicken to a plate to cool slightly. Add noodles to soup; cover and simmer 10 minutes, or until tender.
3. Meanwhile, shred chicken with fingers or 2 forks. Add to soup along with the dill.
- January 13, 2009 at 12:18 am #409602
Never tried dill before, usually put thyme in. Have to try that later this week!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.