- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated August 31, 2009 at 5:16 pm by .
- August 31, 2009 at 5:16 pm #275767
Total Time: 45 Min
Makes: 16 mini burritos
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
2 cups shredded cooked chicken
2 tablespoons chopped jalapeño chiles
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
3/4 cup salsa verde or green salsa
10 Old El Paso® flour tortillas (6 inch; from 11.5 oz package)
1 cup shredded Mexican-style Cheddar Jack cheese with jalapeño peppers (4 oz)
1 medium plum (Roma) tomato, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1. In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender. Stir in chicken, jalapeño chiles, cumin and salsa verde; cook 4 to 6 minutes or until hot. Keep warm.
2. Heat tortillas as directed on package. Work with 4 tortillas at a time, covering remaining tortillas with a damp paper towel. Spoon 2 level tablespoons chicken mixture and 1 tablespoon shredded cheese in center of each tortilla. Top with tomato and cilantro. Fold 1/3 of tortilla down over filling; fold sides toward center. Fold remaining side up, and turn over. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Serve immediately.
1 Mini Burrito: Calories 190 (Calories from Fat 70); Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 2 1/2g, Trans Fat 1g); Cholesterol 20mg; Sodium 430mg; Total Carbohydrate 21g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g); Protein 9g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 10%; Iron 8% Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 1 Medium-Fat Meat Carbohydrate Choices: 1 1/2
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.