1/8 teaspoon celery salt
      1 teaspoon paprika
      1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
      1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
      1/3 cup dry sherry
      1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
      Directions
      1. Rinse the chicken breasts and pat dry. Season with the
      lemon juice, salt, pepper, celery salt and paprika to taste.
      Place in a slow cooker.

In a medium size bowl mix the mushroom and celery soups with the sherry/wine. Pour mixture over the chicken breasts and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
      3. Cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours, OR on high setting for 4 to 5 hours.

This looks delicious!!! Could you use something other than dry Sherry though? I don’t think I have any of that in the house.

I was wondering also

Quote:
      could you use something other than dry sherry

what flavor does sherry give to chicken ? i’ve never eaten chicken with sherry..

Participant

you can substitute wine…as long as it’s not real dry. sherry gives a sweeter flavor, but mild. next time you’re in the store, you can buy a bottle of cooking sherry that would serve the same purpose as the regular…but don’t drink it!

LOL! keep it in the fridge after you open it and try using it with pork and turkey dishes as well. a little goes a long way, so you’d get a number of meals out of the one bottle;-)

Thanks for the info! I have some cooking white wine, but no Sherry. I’ve seen lots of recipes that call for it, so I think I’ll have to get some!

We cook with wine quite a bit, right now we are using up a bottle of White Zinfindel> You can use any wine that you have. Cooking wine is not recommende because of the high concentration of sodium.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Dump Recipes Chicken Delicious