Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Dirt Cheap Dinners Chicken Casserole, 54 cents per serving

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

This is a recipe I made up and is really tasty. It’s a green bean casserole with chicken and peas except without the green beans. I had everything on hand except egg noodles which I picked up today for 60 cents.

Chicken Casserole
      Serves 12
      Prep: 20 minutes
      Bake: 30 minutes

Ingredients:

2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
      1 Large Family size can Cream of Mushroom Soup
      1 Bag Egg Noodles
      1 can peas, drained
      1/4 cup fat-free half and half
      1 large onion, diced
      3 Tbsp Olive Oil
      1 can french-fried onions
      dash salt, pepper and Montreal Chicken Seasoning

Boil noodles in 4 quart pot according to package directions. While noodles are boiling, cook diced onion in pan with 1 Tbsp olive oil until tender. Add soup and stir.

Add drained peas and stir. Warm through for 5 minutes. Drain noodles and rinse in hot water.

Use same pot to cook chicken in 2 Tbsp olive oil. Sprinkle salt and spices on top. Let cook for about ten minutes, turning once.

While chicken is cooking, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
      Pour noodles and sauce into 9×12 baking pan, mix together. Let chicken cool in pan for 5 minutes. Take out and cut into bite size pieces.

Add chicken to noodle mix, mix in, and stir in 1/2 can of french fried onions. Pour and mix in half and half. Pour remaining french fried onions on top.

Bake for 30 minutes.

Breakdown of cost:

2 Chicken Breasts 2.00
      1 Lg can Cream soup 1.00
      1 bag egg noodles .60
      1 can peas .38
      1/4 cup half and half .10
      1 onion .10
      3 Tbsp olive oil .20
      dash salt, pepper, and spice .10
      can french’s onions 2.00
      Total:6.48 for 12 servings

54 cents per serving

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Dirt Cheap Dinners Chicken Casserole, 54 cents per serving