Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Dirt Cheap Dinners Chicken Breast Stuffed with Pepper Jack Cheese & Spinach

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

This dish is Perfect for low carb, pair this with a salad and your have a great low carb meal!

1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
      4 oz pepper jack cheese, shredded (you can use up to 6 oz)
      1 c frozen spinach, thawed and drained (you can also use fresh cooked spinach)
      2 tbsp olive oil
      1 tbsp breadcrumbs (I use Italian style)
      Sea salt, to taste
      2 tsp cajun rub
      Freshly ground black pepper, to taste

Lots of toothpicks (soaked in water for 5 minutes before using)

Directions
      Preheat oven to 350F
      Flatten the chicken to 1/4-inch thickness.

In a medium bowl, combine the pepper jack cheese, spinach, salt and pepper.
      Combine the Cajun seasoning and breadcrumbs together in a small bowl.

Spoon about 1/4 c of the spinach mixture onto each chicken breast. Roll each chicken breast tightly and fasten the seams with several toothpicks.

This part requires a tiny bit of skill and I typically use about 8 toothpicks in each roll to ensure none of the filling seeps out. Be sure to count how many total toothpicks were used!

Brush each chicken breast with the olive oil. Sprinkle the Cajun seasoning mixture evenly over all.

Sprinkle any remaining spinach and cheese on top of chicken (optional). Place the chicken seam-side up onto a tin foil-lined baking sheet (for easy cleanup). Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.

Remove the toothpicks before serving. Count to make sure you have removed every last toothpick. Serve whole or slice into thick slices.

PS I got this recipe from the Maine Cookbook.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Participant

This is a fabulous meal…well, anything with spinach gets my vote! LOL!

I had to take a minute to say that this recipe was Da BOMB over the weekend! It’s moist, delicious and so incredibly simple to make. I think next time I’ll add some chopped bacon to the middle as well.

This recipe instructs you to: Combine the Cajun seasoning and breadcrumbs together in a small bowl.
      However in the ingredients list, it does not list the cajun seasoning or how much.

@Tashdan 777341 wrote:

This dish is Perfect for low carb, pair this with a salad and your have a great low carb meal!

1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
      4 oz pepper jack cheese, shredded (you can use up to 6 oz)
      1 c frozen spinach, thawed and drained (you can also use fresh cooked spinach)
      2 tbsp olive oil
      1 tbsp breadcrumbs (I use Italian style)
      Sea salt, to taste
      Freshly ground black pepper, to taste

Lots of toothpicks (soaked in water for 5 minutes before using)

Directions
      Preheat oven to 350F
      Flatten the chicken to 1/4-inch thickness.

In a medium bowl, combine the pepper jack cheese, spinach, salt and pepper.
      Combine the Cajun seasoning and breadcrumbs together in a small bowl.

Spoon about 1/4 c of the spinach mixture onto each chicken breast. Roll each chicken breast tightly and fasten the seams with several toothpicks.

This part requires a tiny bit of skill and I typically use about 8 toothpicks in each roll to ensure none of the filling seeps out. Be sure to count how many total toothpicks were used!

Brush each chicken breast with the olive oil. Sprinkle the Cajun seasoning mixture evenly over all.

Sprinkle any remaining spinach and cheese on top of chicken (optional). Place the chicken seam-side up onto a tin foil-lined baking sheet (for easy cleanup). Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.

Remove the toothpicks before serving. Count to make sure you have removed every last toothpick. Serve whole or slice into thick slices.

ps i got this recipe from the maine cookbook.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Keymaster

@MMrfixit 836749 wrote:

This recipe instructs you to: Combine the Cajun seasoning and breadcrumbs together in a small bowl.
      However in the ingredients list, it does not list the cajun seasoning or how much.

Try this one, GroceryBudget101.com- – Chicken Breast Stuffed with Pepper Jack Cheese & Spinach

This looks like a great recipe I will try!!

I like raw spinach, but not a big fan of cooked spinach. But this looks yummy!

This sounds good..Thank You for posting this

Participant

This sounds delicious, I’m going to make this soon.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Dirt Cheap Dinners Chicken Breast Stuffed with Pepper Jack Cheese & Spinach