- This topic is empty.
- November 15, 2020 at 10:40 am #593635
Chicken and Rice Casserole with Italian Dressing
1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup or cream of mushroom
1 envelope Italian dressing mix
1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth or unsalted chicken stock
2 1/2 lb chicken thighs, whole legs, or bone-in chicken breasts
Salt and pepper to taste
Heat the oven to 350°.
- Butter a 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking pan or a 2 1/2 to 3-quart casserole.
- Wash and drain the rice. Spread in the prepared baking dish.
- Mix soup, Italian dressing mix, and broth. Stir the soup mixture into the rice.
- Place the chicken on the rice mixture, skin side up, and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover the baking dish tightly with foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Uncover and bake for 20 min longer or until most of the liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. The minimum safe temperature for chicken is 165°.
If desired, put the casserole under the broiler for a few seconds to brown chicken. Serves 6-8
See Also Beef Casserole
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.