- This topic is empty.
- July 7, 2019 at 11:12 pm #577019Douche Bag
I think you really should use the Bochasweet because it absolutely tastes the MOST like Real sugar and bakes the best. However, if you don’t have it, you can use 6 1/2 tbsp Splenda PLUS 3 1/2 tbsp Truvia. Those are the only other sweeteners I’ve tried that work in this recipe.
The Best Chewy Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup (112g) almond flour
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp (54g) coconut flour
1 tbsp (10g) vital wheat gluten OR 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp (90g) unsalted, room temperature butter
2/3 c. Bochasweet
1/2 tsp blackstrap molasses (optional-adds brown sugar flavor)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup (60g) lily’s chocolate-chips or homemade sugar-free choc chipsDirections:
Pre-heat your oven to 350*F.
- Combine your flours, vital wheat gluten, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Beat the butter, sweeteners, vanilla, molasses, and vanilla extract in another bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs until well combined.
- Add the dry mixture into the wet about 1/3rd at time, stirring until a thick dough forms.
- Stir in your chocolate chips and then place the dough in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat.
- Scoop the dough out into balls, using a cookie dough scoop, and space them evenly apart on the baking sheet.
- Flatten each dough ball slightly with the back of a spoon and place the tray in the oven.
- Bake 9 minutes or until the cookies are JUST set and the bottoms lightly browned. They continue baking on the sheet when you remove them. DONT OVERBAKE THEM.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 20 minutes or so before removing and placing on a plate.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the freezer for a quick snack in the future! Enjoy your Chew Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Makes 15 Cookies; Nutrition per cookie: 11g of fat | 1.5g of NET carbs | 4g of protein | 3g of fiber
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.