Cherry Cobbler

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      mos

Cobblers are easy desserts. Someone who hated making pies…making and rolling out the dough for the crusts…created the first cobbler I’m sure!

Or perhaps it was someone that HAD to make a dessert but only had enough ingredients to make a single crust. There’s also the person that was going to make a cake, was busy thinking about the fun that she had with the young man down the street and screwed up the batter.

Whatever the reason, we now have Cobblers. Plus, we have two types – regular and upside-down. This is my favorite go-to when I’m in the mood for pie, but just don’t feel like making the effort. I love, love cherry anything, but this will work with any fruit pie filling – apple, blueberry, raspberry, etc.

4 tbs butter, melted
      1 cup milk
      1 egg
      1 tsp vanilla extract
      1 cup sugar, divided
      1 cup flour
      2 tsp baking powder
      1/4 tsp salt
      21-oz can cherry pie filling

1. Preheat the oven to 375°. Butter a cast iron skillet or cake pan.
      2. Blend the melted butter with the milk, egg, and vanilla extract.
      3. Add 3/4 cup of sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt to the liquid ingredients. Whisk to combine into batter.
      4. Pour the batter into the prepared skillet/pan.
      5. Pour the cherry pie filling over the top of the batter.
      6. Bake for 30 min. Then sprinkle the remaining sugar over the top of the cobbler and continue baking for another 10-15 min.
      7. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before serving. Top with whipped cream or ice cream if desired. Serves 6-8

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.