- This topic has 2 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated February 6, 2013 at 9:21 pm by .
- January 6, 2009 at 10:12 pm #268865
* 1/4 cup cornstarch
* 1/4 tablespoon salt
* black pepper
* 12 ounces flank steak, thinly sliced
* 1 quart oil for frying
* 4 tablespoons soy sauce
* 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
* 1/2 tablespoon rice wine
* 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
* 7 tablespoons granulated sugar
* 1/2 tablespoon chile paste
* 1/4 cup water
* 3 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger root
* 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
* 2 cloves garlic, chopped
* 1/4 cup sliced onion
* 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
1. Heat oil in deep-fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, combine cornstarch, salt and pepper together. Mix thoroughly. Toss the steak slices in the cornstarch mixture and coat well.
3. Deep fry the coated steak slices until golden brown. Check to make sure they are cooked through. Remove from oil, and set aside.
4. In another mixing bowl, combine the soy sauce, rice vinegar, rice wine and honey. Add sugar, chili paste, water, and ginger. Mix well and set aside.
5. Heat a wok or deep frying pan over medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of oil, and quickly saute the onion, garlic and red pepper for 30 seconds. Add the sauce mixture, and cook another 30 seconds. Finally, add the strips of fried steak and toss to heat through and coat with sauce.
or Recipe #2
CRISPY SPICY BEEF
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
12 ounces flank steak, thinly sliced
4 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon white vinegar
2 tablespoons honey
6 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 tablespoon chili paste
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon ginger
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/4 cup sliced onion
1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
Heat oil to 375 degrees F.
In a resealable plastic bag, combine cornstarch, salt, and pepper. Mix thoroughly. Add steak slices to cornstarch mixture and shake bag to lightly coat.
Place one layer of breaded steak strips into the fryer basket and carefully lower basket into the preheated oil. Deep fry steak slices until golden brown, about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from oil and set aside.
In a medium saucepan, combine soy sauce, vinegar, honey, sugar, chili powder, water, and ginger. Mix well and cook over medium heat until sugar has dissolved.
Heat a wok or deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Add one tablespoon of oil and quickly saute the onion, garlic, and red pepper for 30 seconds.
Add sauce mixture and cook another 30 seconds.
Add strips of fried steak and toss to heat through and coat with sauce.
- January 6, 2009 at 10:15 pm #408548
Ooooohhhh! Yummy! Thanks so much!!!
- January 6, 2009 at 10:23 pm #408551
I can’t wait to try these!! Thank you very much
- February 6, 2013 at 9:21 pm #436158
This looks soo good; my daughter will be happy. Thanks for sharing!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.