- October 8, 2012 at 2:41 am #310351
These were a very big hit with my granddaughter’s day care class. They were fun to make and they were a ‘healthy’ snack for the children.
• Mozzarella string cheese
• Green bell pepper
• Cream cheese
1. Wearing plastic gloves or sandwich bags over your hands to keep the cheese as smudge-free as possible, use a paring knife (parents only) to cut each string in half and then carve a shallow area for a fingernail just below the rounded end of each half.
2. Mark the joint right below the nail as well as the knuckle joint by carving out tiny horizontal wedges of cheese.
3. For the fingernails, slice a green bell pepper into 3/8-inch-wide strips. Set the strips skin side down on your work surface and trim the pulp so that it’s about half as thick. Then cut the strips into ragged-topped nail shapes and stick them in place at the ends of the fingers with dabs of cream cheese.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.