- This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated May 29, 2014 at 12:16 am by .
- October 22, 2009 at 5:50 pm #277716mos
this is a great, inexpensive weeknight meal that you can add the final ingredients to after you get home.
by the time you hug everyone and get the table set, it’s ready to ladle;-)
Cheese and Shrimp Chowder:065:
3 potatoes, peeled and diced
1 cup sliced celery with tops
1 onion, chopped
2 cups boiling water
1/4 tsp pepper
1 can evaporated milk
8 oz Cheddar cheese, shredded
4 1/2-oz can tiny shrimp, undrained
4 tbs dry sherry
salt to taste
Put potatoes, celery, onion and boiling water in crockpot.Cover and cook on low 10 to 12 hours or until potatoes are tender. Stir in pepper, evaporated milk, cheese and shrimps during last hour. When ready to serve, stir in sherry and salt.
Sprinkle with parsley. Makes about 2 quarts.
- March 11, 2014 at 3:06 pm #452258Arwen
This sounds delish. Will try very soon.
- March 11, 2014 at 9:39 pm #452271mosOh! I so hope that you and your family enjoy it! Let us know how it goes;-D
- May 25, 2014 at 11:46 pm #453598TerriRH
Was wondering if a bit bigger sized shrimp could be used, we are a family that love shrimp, and knowing that it is the tiny size, that will not be enough for some of my family
- May 29, 2014 at 12:16 am #453726mos
Larger shrimp work if your budget allows it.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.