Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Dump Recipes Cheese and Pasta Delight with Tuna or Chicken

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Cheese and Pasta Delight with Tuna or Chicken
      1 lb chicken tenders or chicken breasts, cubed, or two large cans of tuna in water, flaked
      15-oz can tomatoes, diced
      6-oz tomato paste
      1 rib celery, sliced
      1/4 cup chopped onion
      1/2 cup chopped or shredded carrots, canned or cooked until slightly tender
      1/2 tsp oregano
      1/2 tsp salt
      1/4 tsp pepper
      1/2 tsp garlic powder
      pinch of sugar or other sweetener (optional or to taste)
      Combine all ingredients in slow cooker or crockpot.

Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. Taste and adjust seasonings about 30 minutes before serving and add a little water to thin, if necessary. Serve this easy recipe for chicken (tuna) pasta sauce over spaghetti, fettucine or other pasta.

Serves 4.
      approved1 smilie

P.S. As noted by Miskal56, I somehow neglected to include the CHEESE!!! So Sorry!

As Liss said, sprinkle your favorite shredded cheese on top before serving. I meant to include 1.5 cups shredded Swiss cheese sprinkled over the top before serving. That’s how I make it, but you can take Liss’ word that your favorite would work!

LOL!

There is nothing about the cheese in this recipe!

Keymaster

@Miskel56 829015 wrote:

There is nothing about the cheese in this recipe!

Toss whatever kind of (shredded) cheese you like over the top just prior to serving, YUM!

Participant

Thanks Liss for saving my you-know-what! LOL! I edited the post because I forgot the cheese (unbelieveable!!!!).

And thanks to Miskel56 for holding me accountable;-D

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Dump Recipes Cheese and Pasta Delight with Tuna or Chicken