- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated November 1, 2008 at 9:45 pm by .
- November 1, 2008 at 9:45 pm #265657rtebalt
Cheery Cherry Macaroon Bars
• 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
• 1 cup sugar, divided
• 1/4 cup butter, melted
• 3¾ cup sweetened coconut flakes
• 1/4 cup all purpose flour
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 3 egg whites
• 1 egg, slightly beaten
• 1 tsp almond extract
• 13 red or green Maraschino cherries, halved and drained
Heat oven to 350º. Lightly grease 9″ square baking pan. Stir together crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar and melted butter. Press onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake 5 minutes. Remove from oven; leave oven on. Stir together coconut, remaining 3/4 cup sugar; flour and salt. Add egg whites, egg and almond extract. Spread mixture over crumb mixture; press in cherry halves. Bake 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned around edges. Cool completely in pan on wire race. cover; cut into bars. Makes 25 bars.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.