- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated September 9, 2009 at 5:45 pm by .
- September 9, 2009 at 5:45 pm #276119
The Cheerios® Cookbook shares a recipe! Gather a group of crafty kids to create edible holiday table decorations.
Prep Time: 45 min
Total Time: 1 hour 45 min
Makes: 18 trees
6 cups Honey Nut Cheerios® cereal
6 tablespoons butter or margarine
4 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
Green food color
Red cinnamon candies or sliced gumdrops
1. Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper.
2. Pour the cereal into a 4-quart bowl.
Set the bowl aside.
3. Place the butter and marshmallows in a 3-quart saucepan. Heat over low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture is smooth.
Remove the saucepan from the heat.
4. Stir in the food color until the mixture is evenly colored. Pour the marshmallow mixture over the cereal and stir until the cereal is evenly coated.
Lightly spray your hands with cooking spray. For each tree, shape about 1/4 cup of the cereal mixture into a Christmas tree shape on the cookie sheet.
6. Press the candies into the trees to decorate.
Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Store the trees in a loosely covered container.
Special Touch: Personalize the trees using Betty Crocker® decorator icing (from 4.25-oz tube) and use as place cards. Use the icing to add a garland.
1 Tree: Calories 120 (Calories from Fat 40); Total Fat 4 1/2g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 120mg; Total Carbohydrate 20g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 12g)
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.