Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

3 Tbsp. Margarine or butter
      1 pkg. mini marshmallows (6 cups)
      1/2 cup peanut butter, smooth or crunchy
      5 cups Cheerios cereal

Grease a 9×13 pan well. Microwave margarine in a large bowl on high for 45 seconds or until melted. Stir in marshmallows, coating with margarine. Microwave on high 1 1/2 minutes or until melted, stirring after 45 seconds. Mix in peanut butter and immediately add cereal. Lightly mix and coat well. With greased spatula or wax paper press into pan. Makes about 24. Variations: Mix 1 cup of M & M’s or raisins and a 1/2 cup of peanuts. Add at the same time you do the cereal.

:dance:OOOOOOOOOOOhhhh thanks JoAnn, I was just looking for something sweet and nutritious for the GKs this weekend. Not to mention, I just happen to have everything on hand lol.

Our food bank here brings the home bound a bag of groceries every month. There is always a big box of cereal. I have a lot of generic Cheerios. This is a good use for them. Plus – it sounds easy enough for me to make. Thank you for this post.

Participant

i think i am going to play around with this.. thanks hun!!

Made these today. They turned out great. Next time might drizzle chocolate on top. Thanks.

You could add some chocolate chips or butterscotch chips to these as well.

thanks; Virginia

How about some chopped nuts – that would be good also.

Janice, this sounds soo good.

Next time might drizzle chocolate on top

Chocolate chips, sound good too Virginia.. I think I’m in the mood for any kind of “Chocolate” thanks ladies…

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.