Cheddar Bacon Chicken Tenders – Air Fryer or Oven

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Dirt Cheap Dinners Cheddar Bacon Chicken Tenders – Air Fryer or Oven

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Cheddar Bacon Chicken Tenders are a delicious,Quick & Easy Busy Weeknight Dinner Idea that can be prepared in the oven or air-fryer in less than 20 minutes flat.

Cheddar Bacon Chicken Tenders

You’ll Need:
      1 egg
      1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
      1/2 cup finely shredded Cheddar cheese
      4 slices cooked bacon, chopped
      1 1/2 lbs raw chicken breast, sliced
      Sour cream & Fresh Chives (optional)

keto tenders

If using the oven, preheat it to 400°F. & Spray a large cookie sheet with cooking spray

In a shallow bowl, beat egg. In a large resealable food-storage plastic bag, combine bread crumbs, cheese, and crumbled bacon. Dip the chicken strip into the egg, allow the excess to drip off. Place in bread crumb bag; seal and shake to coat. Place chicken on cookie sheet. Lightly season with salt & Pepper

Bake 15 to 20 minutes, turning once until chicken is no longer pink in center and bread crumbs are golden brown.

Air Fryer Directions:
      Preheat Air Fryer to 400F
      Place chicken tenders in a single layer of the basket, mist with olive oil spray, and air fry for 5 minutes on each side, turning halfway. They’re done once the chicken is cooked through and crispy and golden on the outside.

Keto Cheddar Bacon Chicken Tenders

1 egg
      1/2 cup pork panko crumbs
      1/2 cup finely shredded Cheddar cheese
      4 slices cooked bacon, chopped
      1 1/2 lbs raw chicken breast, sliced
      Sour cream & Fresh Chives (optional)

Rather than use panko bread crumbs, use pork panko instead. Then follow the directions provided above.
      📷Betty Crocker

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.

I love this recipe!  Sometimes, if I’m feeling lazy, I’ll omit the chopped bacon addition…BUT…after coating the tenders I’ll wrap a slice of bacon around each tender.

Instead of placing on a sheet pan, I line the sheet pan with foil, place a rack, and then put the tenders on the rack.  On the rack, the bacon crisps and so do the tenders!

I extend the cooking time to 7 min each side in the oven at 400° and then let it rest for a few min while getting the rest of dinner doled up to let any bacon grease drip off.  Mmmm-mmmm!

Thanks Liss, this is amazing! I’ve recently just got hold of an air fryer and it’s been revolutionary to say the least!

What a wonderful recipe, thanks for taking the time to put this together, I’m sure the wife and kids will love this!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Dirt Cheap Dinners Cheddar Bacon Chicken Tenders – Air Fryer or Oven