Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Dirt Cheap Dinners Cheater Shepherds Pie (or so I call it!)

This topic contains 0 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by mos July 29, 2016 at 12:20 am.

• Author

This recipe uses up a good deal of fresh or frozen veggies, depending entirely on what you have on hand:

onions, carrots, mushrooms, partial bags of frozen stir fry mix, frozen corn, green beans, peas, broccoli, cauliflower.. fresh celery…you name it!

1 lb ground beef, lamb, venison or turkey, browned and drained of any excess fat
    1/2 cup dried vegetables (bulk dried veg used for soup starter) or 2-3 cups fresh or frozen veggies as listed above
    1 packet of onion soup mix
    2 Tbsp Flour
    2 Tbs butter
    2 c water
    1 can Cream of Mushroom

soup
    Pinch Pepper Flakes

Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the flour, stirring and cook until it forms a paste, about 1 minute. Add the water, cream of mushroom soup, onion soup mix, mixing well, stirring over medium heat until it thickens. Add the dried vegetables or 2-3 cups of fresh or frozen veggies. Add the cooked ground beef.

Pour it into a prepared baking dish, Topped with Tater Tots/Frozen fries or hash-brown patties.

Baked 375 for 45 mins, cheese sprinkled on top last 10 minutes.

mos
    Participant

Interesting version of shepherd’s pie! I’ll have to consider this…giggle…

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login Register

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Dirt Cheap Dinners Cheater Shepherds Pie (or so I call it!)