Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

I love to make this when there is a time crunch. Only 3 ingredients and and you can eat it in less than 20 minutes.

Chili

1/2 – 1 lb. ground beef(depending on how much you like)
      2 cans of chili beans
      1 16 oz. jar of salsa(you can choose the degree of hotness)

Brown beef. Add beans and salsa. Bring to just below boiling.

Simmer if you like to blend the flavors even more.

This can be made even more quickly if you have precooked beef crumbles that you have frozen. This amount will serve at least 3 or 4 people(I’ve got a hubby and teenager) but you could add a can of juice and it would serve even more. That would make it even cheaper per serving.

Fast & Cheap, great Idea, thank you! I always serve chili with fresh cornbread, they go together like peas and carrots.

I mix in green peppers, celery, and onions, and any other veggies I happen to have in the fridge or in the pantry 🙂 Bulks up for minimal cost!

I’ll try this. You don’t drain the chili beans, right?

Avatar for semomom42FreebieQueen

@chibiev 181208 wrote:

I’ll try this. You don’t drain the chili beans, right?

image not available Chili beans are the ones that are in the sauce already, they’re not really in a liquid like regular canned beans.

This is a great idea! Quick and easy! Thanks for sharing!

Chili beans will know become one of my pantry staples! I always have the other ingredients on hand an excellent emergency meal!

This will be one the menus for next week. Double batch

@FreebieQueen 181211 wrote:

image not available chili beans are the ones that are in the sauce already, they’re not really in a liquid like regular canned beans.

chili magic works wonderfully also. just add your browned ground meat and tomatoes, and voila-you’ve got chili. it comes in at least three different flavors and heat levels.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.