Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Dump Recipes Cheap & Easy Fiesta Chicken (Slow cooker)

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

Ingredients

16oz Salsa(Budget101’s Recipe found below)
      1 Can of Condensed Cheddar Soup
      2.5 lbs Boneless Chicken

Instructions

Add all three ingredients into your slow cooker. Stir periodically. Cook in your slow cooker for about 4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low.

Salsa Mix in a Jar

1 1/2 cups dried cilantro
      1 teaspoon garlic powder (more to taste)
      1/2 cup dried chopped onion
      1/4 cup dried red pepper flakes
      1 tablespoon salt
      1 tablespoon pepper

Measure all into ziploc bag, seal & shake to combine.
      Attach Tag

Spicy Salsa
      Combine the following, mix well: Chill 1 hour to let spices mingle.
      2 tablespoons salsa mix
      10 oz can Mexican-style tomatoes.

Great served over Rice!!!!!!!!!!

Participant

Sooo…what do you do with the salsa?

OOPS suppose to blend it in with the rest of the recipe lol..While it is still cooking to let the flavors mingle..sorry abt that… my mind really hasn’t been here lately.

This sounds so delicious!! I can’t wait to try it. I’ve found myself getting stuck in a rut with serving the same few things over and over. I’m looking for some diversity that works with my time/budget. 🙂

Participant

giggle smileyno problemgiggle smiley I made a similar faux pas recently when I neglected to add the mixing ingredients to a myo salad dressing! (And just so ya know, it’s my job to get you in the right place…even if I screw up occasionally! LOL! You are a baby…I’m not! giggle smiley)

cactusrosenaz It is delicious I am lucky my boys will try anything at least once…
      MOS Gee I wish I were a baby , well at least younger and know what I know now..lol

Participant

Tbrunke…don’t we all! giggle smiley

Looks like the Salsa goes in the slow cooker with the chicken and the condensed cream of chicken soup – I think this recipe for salsa is included in case someone wants to make the salsa from scratch

This is a big hit in my house but, I haven’t used the cheddar soup. I just use salsa, taco seasoning and the boneless, skinless chicken breasts. I will have to try it with the soup for a different taste.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Dump Recipes Cheap & Easy Fiesta Chicken (Slow cooker)