Budget101 Discussion List Archives Health & Home Remedies Changing Food Preferences or Taste Buds Fritzing???

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Lately, I’ve noticed I care much less for any type of meat and am much more interested in veggies or simple side dishes. It’s kinda like my taste buds have taken a hiatus or something. lol
      I’ve not entertained the idea of becoming a vegetarian or anything, although I have no problem with the idea.
      I’m definitely not looking into being vegan because I still drink milk and eat cheese and eggs…not sure what’s going on though.

Could certain health problems/issues or meds be causing this? Disconcerting to say the least. 102 smilie
      Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

I have always been like this. Make a steak, baker, veggie & bread, I will eat everything and just a few bites of the steak. Not sure why, but there are times that I CRAVE red meat, I could do away with any of the “white” meats.

sometimes I crave canned Veggies..Like greens or peas right out of the can…. I mean like open the top an eat..I dunno why I could eat just that all day long..My mom always told me growing up your body craves what it needs:)

@Vampixen 248104 wrote:

sometimes I crave canned Veggies..Like greens or peas right out of the can…. I mean like open the top an eat..I dunno why I could eat just that all day long..My mom always told me growing up your body craves what it needs🙂

Maybe that’s what’s going on…don’t know, but it’s rather strange.

I agree with Vampixen. Your body sometimes knows better than you what vitamins and minerals it needs and that is when you will get a craving. As long as you stay healthy I wouldn’t worry about the cravings.

At least it isn’t chocolate you are craving all of the time. 🙂
      Kim

Keymaster

I was just saying to dh the other day that my tastes have changed drastically the last few months. I remember reading (a few years ago) that a persons tastes change every 7 years; which explains why you can eat macaroni and cheese with ketchup on it as a kid, but makes you cringe at the thought as an adult. 😉

Here’s a chart that I came across a few days ago that I thought you might like:

I too am a firm believers that if you crave something your body needs it and if you have an aversion to something, it’s because your body has an overabundance of whatever it provides.

Lately, I’ve noticed I care much less for any type of meat

Red meats provide zinc- are you by chance taking a supplement that contains zinc? Your body may be telling you that you have too much.

For me, we eat chicken several times per week. I’m not really a red meat eater and I couldn’t care less about pork either, I only include it for variety.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.

I’ve always been a big protein and meat eater. Well, up until about 5-6 months ago. It’s almost like I’m burnt out on the taste/flavor/texture.

It’s really weird.

I’m not really craving anything, but I am ingesting more veggies and fruit than normal. (That’s not necessarily a good thing since I’m diabetic. I’m actually only supposed to consume only certain fruits and only so much of them.

Not what I’ve been doing…)

As far as the zinc thing…I take a women’s One A Day multi vitamin everyday. I also take a B complex with C.

It’s hard to explain…I don’t have an aversion to meat…I just don’t want it. I have absolutely zero interest in it. It’s really…REALLY weird feeling.

Now when I fix dinner, I only eat the veggies and sides and leave the other to the rest of my herd.

I have heard about the 7 year thing, but I don’t remember what all was said at the time.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Health & Home Remedies Changing Food Preferences or Taste Buds Fritzing???