changing cell phone plans/ recommendations?

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List changing cell phone plans/ recommendations?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I have just finished my Verizon Cell phone 2 yr contract and can now

change the plan. I had 4 other family members on it with 1500 minutes

(i think). Now I will have only 1 phone with less minutes. I need

approximately 750 minutes a month to be safe. I need to keep my same

cell phone number. Does anyone have a comparison chart with cell phone

companies?

Thank you

Donna

jrodgers

I anyone in your family a Veteran? Radio Shack is selling Defense Mobile Service that is very reasonable. Its family plan for 6 members is $240/month includes 3g of data each at just $40 each.

As an added bonus it has money saving links to services available for Veterans and their families, an email address (great for transitioning military), a nationwide 4g network, and has the latest cell phones. Search Radio Shack Defense Mobile via search engine or search Defense mobile on Facebook for more information.

Josefinamax

hi jrodgers
      Your monthly plan is looking good. Thanks

randomname2014

Pre-paids typically seem to be cheaper, at least they are where I live. Don’t just look at the rates, but look at the coverage, too. Different regions have better coverage with different companies.

And, you should be able to take your number with you wherever you go. Hubby started his business cell number at at&t, switched to tmobile, and now we have simple mobile, and his number never changed. simple mobile works best for us as it works off tmobile towers, is prepaid, and we have two lines for what we paid for just one at the other companies.

the only problem with prepaids is you often have to take your phone with you but pay a small price for a sim card (like with simple mobile) or you end up with an older model phone (like those you buy at the store).

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List changing cell phone plans/ recommendations?