Carpet Cleaning Solution (MYO)

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Tips-n-Tricks Carpet Cleaning Solution (MYO)

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      ChristineTodd

Carpet Cleaner Solution that won’t break the bank like the ones you buy from the store, so Voila, here it is!!!

✿✿ carpet shampoo solution ✿✿
      ……
      1 Cup Oxyclean*
      1 Cup Febreeze*
      1 Cup Distilled White Vinegar
      *This homemade version works fabulously!

Pour contents into shampooer tank and mix with hot water to fill tank completely. This will not only clean your carpets it will also deodorize. Just a note, It will smell slightly of vinegar until the carpet is dry, then will smell like whatever scent febreeze you used.

be sure to test spot with the solution just to be safe, however this should be safe for all carpets.

*note: the amounts in this recipe are for a large professional carpet cleaner. for a small home carpet cleaner, cut the amounts down to 1/4 cup of each.

Also, you Can use Homemade Febreeze if you want, there is a recipe here on the site.

Photo Credit to Popular Mechanic

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      vini289

Hi!
      This one is the home made carpet cleaning solution which I uses
      Materials Required
      2 tablespoon liquid tide laundry detergent
      1/4 cup awesome cleaner
      1 spoon oxyclean
      1 teaspoon downy fabric softener
      Hot water one gallon
      Mix together in a large bowl the tide, awesome cleaner, oxiclean and the downy. Then add in hot water gently so you don’t make too many bubbles.
      Mix gently until oxyclean is dissolved. Pour in a gallon sized jug for storage.

This recipe makes this a concentrated mix. So add in only a little bit of this solution each time you add water to your carpet cleaning machine.

JoeyPeter

I just utilize it for a long time. Be attentive about completely cleaning vacuum carpet all the time. If they don’t dry out suitable you can make shape issues or harm to the subfloor under.

SadieCora

I haven’t utilized it for a long time but in future, I will definitely use it for doing area rug cleaning.This is a really great tip, thank you for sharing, it’s so much better than paying a ridiculous amount of money for carpet cleaning services.

In the past I’ve waited until someone tries to sell me a rug shampooer lol!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Tips-n-Tricks Carpet Cleaning Solution (MYO)