- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated January 26, 2014 at 12:56 pm by .
- November 1, 2013 at 12:12 am #324417
3 quarts popped popcorn
3 cups dry roasted mixed nuts, unsalted
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cup light or dark corn syrup
1/2 cup butter
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 250°. In a large roasting pan combine the popcorn and nuts. Place in the oven while preparing glaze.
In a medium saucepan combine brown sugar, corn syrup, butter, and salt. Bring to a full boil over medium heat, stirring constantly, then continue to boil for 4 minutes without stirring. Remove from heat.
Stir in baking soda and vanilla, then pour over the warm popcorn and nuts, tossing to coat well. Bake another 60 minutes, stirring frequently, about every 10 minutes. Cool and break apart.
Store in an airtight container.
Makes 4 quarts.
- January 26, 2014 at 3:56 am #449156
I’m gonna have to try making this. My hubby is a caramel popcorn nutt!!! And its hard to find on our budget.
Thanks for sharing this recipe!
- January 26, 2014 at 12:56 pm #449180
Let us know if this passes ‘the husband test!’
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.