Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Check now at Babies-R-Us, Toys-R-Us and Walmart (probably Target, too) – they floor models will be on clearance. The covers will be dusty, so you’ll have to wash them, but they’ll already be assembled! I found my 2nd child’s infant seat at Walmart for $10, base & everything.

Date: Sun Jan 1, 2006 8:54 pm
      Subject: Re: Budget101.com : Infant car seat mkemmay

Participant

As a preschool special bus driver I own my own set of car seats. Usually from 6-8 at a time. I know what to look for and when to not accept them from friends.

But what you need to remember is if your child has to ride in a car seat on the bus, most times the drivers bring the bus to your house before the first day of school so that the kid can get used to the bus. Also so that the child can be adjusted to the seat. The seat adjustments have to happen twice, once before they start school and once when the winter coats come out.

When they do this you need to get on the bus and check to make sure that the carseat is secure. I have seen many kids flip a seat or turn towards the aisle of the bus because someone didn’t make sure that the seat was secure.

The proper way to make sure that a seat is:

1. with the straps included in the box with the carseat.
      2. Kneel or sit in the seat yourself as you or someone else pulls the carseat strap.

Most times in a bus its number 2 because they are transferred between buses so much. But you as the parent need to know that your child is safe on the bus every time you put your child on that bus.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.