2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
      1/4 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
      Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
      2 to 3 tbs mayonnaise
      1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
      1/2 tsp onion powder
      1/4 tsp garlic powder
      3 to 4 tsp dried minced onion
      1/4 cup low moisture part skim shredded mozzarella, or more, for a really cheesy chicken
      1 tomato, sliced
      5 to 6 fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped

Preheat oven to 425°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
      Add the gluten-free flour to the bottom of a shallow dish. Season generously with sea salt and pepper and whisk with a fork to combine.
      Rinse the chicken breasts and pat dry with a paper towel. Coat both chicken breasts completely in the gluten-free flour, shaking gently to remove excess flour. Place both chicken breasts on the lined baking sheet.
      Evenly distribute the mayonnaise between the two chicken breasts, using a small spatula or the backside of a spoon to completely coat the tops and sides with a thin layer of mayonnaise.
      Sprinkle the dried seasoning on top of the mayonnaise layer, adding the minced onion last.
      Bake the chicken breasts for 20 min. Remove from oven and add a layer of shredded mozzarella over top each breast. Bake for an additional 5 min, until cheese is melted and chicken is completely cooked through.
      Remove chicken breasts from oven and let sit 5 min. Arrange 2 to 3 slices of tomato over top each breast, followed by freshly chopped basil. Finish with a drizzle of balsamic reduction. Serve immediately. Serves 2
      :arizona:

Very interesting recipe. I’ll take a note and cook it on weekends for the girlfriend and myself.
      Thanks for sharing!

mos
      Participant

HughFennell, Caprese is typically a salad with slices of mozzarella, tomatoes, chopped basil, and olive oil or Italian dressing. I’ve made it as a cold sub as well. I got to thinking that, wanting more protein, adding chicken breasts would work well! My idea…giggle…was good! It works!
      Let us know how you and your girlfriend like it. We are always interested in success stories. If you want to impress your girlfriend, serve this over a bed of angel hair pasta (just don’t overcook it! LOL!).

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login Register