- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated February 20, 2006 at 10:32 pm by .
- February 20, 2006 at 10:32 pm #236257
4 long, thin eggplants (or one large regular eggplant)
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 tbs olive oil
1 cup finely chopped celery
1 red or green bell pepper, diced
1 1/4 cups peeled, seeded and chopped fresh tomatoes
1 tbs honey
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 chopped black olives
1/4 tsp salt
freshly ground black pepper
1. if you’re using long, thin eggplant, steam them in their skins in a steamer basket until tender. set aside to cool.
if using a large eggplant, cut in half and bake at 350 FOR 20 min or until tender.
2. saute onion in olive oil. when onion begins to turn translucent, stir in celery.
cook until onion is soft and barely golden.
3. add remaining ingredients (except salt and pepper) and simmer, stirring frequently, until most of the liquid has evaporated. remove from heat.
peel and dice eggplant, and add to tomato mixture. gently stir in salt and pepper. chill mixture.
serve on thin slices of crusty sourdough bread.
makes 6 SERVINGS = 84 CALORIES
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.